Albury Wodonga Event Calendar
MovemberWe're making change for men's health in Albury Wodonga. Give us a hand.
Wed Nov 1st
Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthEach year in Australia Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held in February to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer
Thu Feb 1st 2024
Total Results = 2
You or your Marketing Manager can list a Community or Business Event here. If you would like to advertise your Albury Wodonga event simply Login
Events in and around Albury Wodonga
As the seasons change, so do the events and activities in and around Albury Wodonga, a beautiful region that straddles the borders of Victoria and New South Wales in Australia. From outdoor adventures to cultural celebrations, there's always something fun and exciting happening here. In this guide, we'll highlight some of the best seasonal events to help you plan your next visit.
Spring in Albury Wodonga is a stunning time of year, with the landscape bursting with wildflowers and greenery. From September to November, the region hosts a variety of events to celebrate the season, including:
- Albury Wodonga Farmers Market: Held every Saturday morning, this market offers fresh, locally grown produce, artisanal foods, and crafts. You'll find everything from organic fruits and vegetables to handmade cheeses and pastries.
- Wodonga Children's Fair: This family-friendly event takes place in late October and features fun activities and entertainment for kids of all ages. There are jumping castles, face painting, carnival games, and more.
- Albury-Wodonga Artists' Society Spring Exhibition: This annual art exhibition showcases the talent of local artists, with a focus on works inspired by the spring season. You can view and purchase paintings, sculptures, and other pieces at the gallery.
When the temperatures rise, so do the number of outdoor events in Albury Wodonga. From music festivals to outdoor sports tournaments, there's plenty of fun to be had during the summer months. Some must-see events include:
- Australia Day Celebrations: Held on January 26th, these celebrations are a great way to experience the local culture. There are parades, ceremonies, and live music performances, along with plenty of food and drinks.
- Wodonga Gold Cup: This annual horse racing event is held in late February and attracts visitors from all over the region. There are races, fashion competitions, and plenty of food and entertainment.
- Riverina 4x4 Fishing and Outdoors Expo: Held in nearby Wagga Wagga in February, this event is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts. You can check out the latest gear and equipment, attend workshops and demonstrations, and enter to win great prizes.
As the leaves begin to change color, the region hosts a variety of cultural events and celebrations. From food and wine festivals to art exhibitions, there's always something happening in Albury Wodonga in the fall. Notable events include:
- Tastes of Rutherglen: This annual food and wine festival takes place in late March and highlights the region's delicious cuisine and local wineries. You can taste a variety of wines, cheeses, and other culinary delights at participating venues.
- Albury Chamber Music Festival: Music lovers won't want to miss this annual event, which features performances by local and international musicians. The festival takes place in April and offers a variety of classical and contemporary music.
- Myrtleford Festival: This popular festival takes place in nearby Myrtleford in May and celebrates the town's Italian heritage. There are live music performances, food and wine tastings, and a carnival atmosphere.
Winter in Albury Wodonga may be chilly, but it's also a great time to experience some of the region's indoor events and activities. From film festivals to art exhibitions, there's plenty to do even when the weather is cold. Some top events include:
- Albury Wodonga Winter Film Festival: This annual event takes place in July and features screenings of classic and contemporary films from around the world. You can view films at participating venues and attend workshops and discussions.
- Yackandandah Folk Festival: This popular music festival is held in nearby Yackandandah in August and features performances by folk musicians from Australia and beyond.
- Albury Winter Solstice: This unique event takes place in late June and celebrates the shortest day of the year. There are bonfires, lantern parades, and other activities to mark the occasion.
No matter what time of year you visit Albury Wodonga, there's always something fun and exciting happening. From food and wine festivals to outdoor adventures, this region has it all. Be sure to check with local tourism offices for the latest event information and to plan your itinerary.
Albury Visitor Information Centre: 547 Kiewa St, Albury NSW 2640. Phone: 1800 630 704.
Wodonga Visitor Information Centre: 104 Hovell St, West Wodonga VIC 3690. Phone: (02) 6022 9300.